Examples of people fasting:
· James and Shirley Dobson fasting once a week for their children as they grew up.
· James Dobson’s great grandfather fasting and praying for his descendants.
· A mega-church pastor fasting a couple of days a month to attempt to stay close to God and so as to avoid unnecessary discipline from God.
· Elders or deacons fasting once a month together the day of their meeting.
· Martha Franks fasting lunch on days when she speaks to groups.
· First Baptist Atlanta fasting for a week together before making major decisions such as building and land acquisition.
· Churches setting aside Saturdays for prayer and fasting for direction.
· Liberty University and Thomas Road Church fasting a day for a member’s physical healing.
· Jerry Falwell fasting for 40-days for financial provision for Liberty University.
· Bill Bright calling Christians to fast and pray for revival and spiritual awakening in America.
· Churches fasting and praying for spiritual fruit from specific ministries outreaches.
· Churches and ministries fasting for the spiritual-moral and political condition of the nation.
Post a Comment