"My heart is stirred by a noble theme; my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer." - Psalm 45:1
Friday, July 22, 2011
Summer Vacation Favorites
For years the Wilson family has often enjoyed a beach vacation at Daytona Beach Shores/Port Orange, Florida. We are just coming off of that trip.
Here are my favorite experiences of our time together in FL:
1. Spending hours on the beach and at the pool!
2. Watching two Anne of Green Gables movies together at night. Now we want to read the books together!
3. Going to see the Cars 2 movie in the theater and eating buttered popcorn. Great, fun movie and a definite repeat.
4. Eating at our favorite beach restaurant, Aunt Catfish's on the River.
5. Eating at Boondock's Restaurant, watching the children throw their leftover fish into the ocean to feed the catfish, and looking at the many boats in the marina.
6. Playing the Cars Monopoly game with our family.
7. Reading Leepike Ridge and Sarah, Plain and Tall together.
8. Sleeping as late as we could!
9. Standing on the balcony and watching the Atlantic Ocean and the Halifax River at all hours of the day.
10. Hanging out at the Salty Dog surf shop. I bought Anna-Frances and Dawson t-shirts and Hendrix a cool surfer's necklace. Hendrix bought a skim-board with his own money.
11. Watching Hendrix play with his skim-board at the ocean.
12. Watching Anna-Frances and Dawson play in the sand.
13. Sitting on the beach reading Newt Gingrich's A Nation Like No Other, Priscilla Shirer's One in a Million, and John Grisham's The Broker.
14. Being with cousins and my mom and aunt.
15. Watching my good-looking wife in her bathing suits!
I think that the Lord may have created vacations on the eigth day and said, "Behold, it is good!"
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment