The Spring: a church with a heart for home
This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea,
a path through the mighty waters,
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
He who has compassion on them will guide them
and lead them beside springs of water.
Early on in our process, we sensed that the right name for this new church was "The Spring." The Bible has a lot to say about springs. Look at the following Scriptures and you might see why we are excited about the name "The Spring!"
1. The Lord found hurting people beside springs (Genesis 16:7).
2. The spring was a gathering place for people (Genesis 24).
3. The Lord demonstrated His providence at a spring (Genesis 24).
4. God’s people sang a song about God’s springs when He supplied them with water (Numbers 21:17).
5. The Lord brought His people into a land full of springs (Deut. 8:7).
6. People of faith asked for the blessings of the springs (Joshua 15:19).
7. God is able to make springs come out of hollow, dry, empty places (Judges 15:19; Psalm 74:15; 107:35; Isaiah 35:7).
8. The Lord makes places of sorrow to become places of springs (Psalm 84:6).
9. God sends springs in the valley (Psalm 104:10; Isaiah 41:18).
10. God is our spring of living waters (Jeremiah 2:13).
11. God is able to bring springs out of rocks (Psalm 114:8).
12. God is able to make new works spring forth (Isaiah 43:18-19).
13. God is able to guide His people, leading them with compassion to His springs (Isaiah 49:10).
14. The Lord is able to make His people to be like a spring of water whose waters never fail (Isaiah 58:11).
15. Faith and love spring forth for us from the hope we have in heaven (Colossians 1:5).